So you might be thinking, golly I am craving Tiramisu but maybe the thought of making it the traditional way in a big 9×13 pan is a little overwhelming? Don’t worry, you are not alone! So, we bring you our healthier, less calorie concerning, mini version, of this dessert that you love. What makes it a little healthier? Our 100% Fat-Free Biscotti of course, and using Neufchâtel cheese with 1/3 less fat than traditional cream cheese or mascarpone cheese! So let’s get right to how to make our Tiramisu Cups…
- 1 box of DIJAS Natural Foods Fat-Free Biscotti
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup whipped, cream cheese or Neufchâtel (softened at room temperature)
- ¾ cup strong espresso (or 1 cup strong coffee or your favorite coffee alternative)
- ¼ cup coffee liqueur such as Kahlúa (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract if you prefer a non-alcoholic version)
- 1 oz dark chocolate, finely shaved
- Cocoa powder for dusting
How to Make the Tiramisu Cups:
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and lightly beat it into the whites.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and fold in half of the whipped whites.
- Once fully incorporated, lightly fold in the remaining whites.
- Combine the espresso and coffee liqueur. Place a layer of Biscotti in the bottom of 4 wine or martini glasses
- Spoon enough of the coffee mixture over them to soak the Biscotti.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture among the glasses, then top each with a good pile of dark chocolate shavings.
- Garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder if you like.
- Enjoy yourself! 😍
Have you tried this recipe? Reply below with what you thought about it!